Monday, February 13, 2006

laptop goodness (en route)

so, two things which are makin' me happier than a chipmunk with a sackful o' nuts (mmm... okay, that just sounded wrong):

uno: got word that my new motherboard for my long-suffering laptop has arrived! now, i just need to take my 'puter into the shop and they promised i would have it back by wednesday. hurrah! huzzah! cheer numero tres!!

dos: recorded 2 basic tracks for the cd last night (thanks b-dub and d-bub, and of course, the magical fingers of my roomie). very happy with the results. had them playing a typewriter and making cat sounds... and that was before the all-improv beat on something loudly session that dmitry suggested, and was much more fun than you'd think.

now, i just have to get the laptop back, and start in on the multi-track goodness. had an idea tonight on the way home about using cello for a bass line on a track... so i may have a busy lil' cello player workin' overtime soon. muahahaha.

No comments: